Comprehensive Vision Exams and so much more.
Eyecare Eyewear Summerville is a full-service eye care facility. We offer the full spectrum of eye care to clients of all ages, from children to older adults: vision tests, corrective laser eye surgery, immediate attention for eye emergencies and so much more. At Summerville – our eye care professionals will provide you with thorough eye care with a wide range of eye care needs. We provide specialized support for a wide array of issues such as sclera contact (difficult contact fits). macular degeneration, dry eye, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and cataracts. In addition to contact lens, eyeglass prescriptions, and eyewear we provide the following services:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams: Learn more about what problems can be spotted with an eye exam, what’s involved in a comprehensive exam, and special considerations for kids and contacts.
- Retinal Imaging: we provide a digital image of your retina, blood vessels, and optic nerve to detect early diagnosis of ocular and other health problems.
- Presbyopia Diagnosis and Treatment: As we reach middle age, particularly after age 40, it is common to start to experience difficulty with reading and performing other tasks that require near vision. This is because, with age, the lens of our eye becomes increasingly inflexible, making it harder to focus on close objects. This condition is called presbyopia and eventually, it happens to some extent, to everyone as they age.
- Dry Eye Disease and Treatment: Dry eye syndrome (DES) is a chronic condition that develops when your eyes do not produce and maintain enough tears to keep the eye’s surface lubricated.
- Pediatric Eye Exams: According to experts, 80% of learning is visual, which means that if your child is having difficulty seeing clearly, his or her learning can be affected. This also goes for infants who develop and learn about the world around them through their sense of sight. To ensure that your children have the visual resources they need to grow and develop normally, their eyes and vision should be checked by an eye doctor at certain stages of their development.
- Management of Ocular Diseases: We diagnose and manage ocular diseases such as Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Cataracts.
- Advanced Technology: We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Learn about the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
- Eye Emergencies (Pink/Red Eyes): Did you know your optometrist can help you with red eyes, pink eye, or sore eyes, foreign body removal and eye emergencies?
- LASIK & Refractive Surgery Co-Management: If you’re ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts look to us for co-management of LASIK, cataract, and other ocular surgery.
- InfantSEE®: This service offers early detection of potential eye and vision problems at no cost regardless of income or ability to pay. It is a one-time, comprehensive eye and vision assessment for babies, usually conducted between the ages of 6 and 12 months.
- Astigmatism Diagnosis & Treatment: Astigmatism is a very common eye condition that’s easily corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses and on some occasions, surgery.
- More To Child Learning Than Just 20/20 Vision: Vision plays a crucial role throughout childhood and beyond. Many parents don’t understand how vision helps their children develop appropriately.
- Sports and Specialty Eyewear Fitting: Sports eyewear can give you the performance edge you’re seeking for just about any sport (tennis, racquetball, etc.) or recreational activity (hunting, fishing, etc.).